The Garden of Forking Paths

     The garden of forking paths relates to our current assignment by discussing the possibility of different decisions being made leading to different paths and experiences. A lot of the time the games I get really into follow this idea like, Life is Strange and Until Dawn, they use this concept to create stories that will make you experience different emotions or even endings depending on the decisions you make. Being able to create a world with branching paths and different outcomes benefits artists and consumers of art by letting conversations start and allowing the viewer or user to keep coming back and playing the game or viewing the material to see if they can find hidden endings, decisions, portions, etc. that they hadn't saw before. This is by far my favorite type of media to consume and though I would love to use it in my own work.. it can cause a lot of planning and writing that I don't think I would have the time for in this assignment. But.. with my experience that I am developing in coding and designing.. I can totally try and mess around with this idea on my own free time.

Comments

Popular Posts